Adyen now supports Interac Debit in Canada
Global payments platform Adyen announced the addition of Interac Debit on Mobile for In-app and In-browser as a payment method for Canadian merchants. Adyen will also expand its partnership with foodora Canada, an on-demand food-delivery service.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
This allows the company to accept Interac Debit payments through digital wallets, including Apple Pay and Google Pay. The news follows Adyen’s launch in Canada in 2018, showcasing continued growth in the market.
Adyen First to market
As one of the first to market with Interac Debit on Mobile via Apple Pay and Google Pay, Adyen now provides Canadian merchants the ability to transact using Interac Debit through digital wallet payments both in-app and through the mobile web.
“Part of our core value lies in our speed to market and the ability to provide local payment offerings on a global scale. We are excited to continue to work with foodora as they introduce new payment offerings, which will ultimately enhance their customers’ buying experience.”
Adyen President of North America, Kamran Zaki
With today’s news, merchants can now offer Canadian shoppers the flexibility of paying with the payment method of their choice across all channels from point of sale to mobile and everything in between.
READ MORE: Adyen enables Dutch businesses to accept Apple Pay
We love to hear your thoughts on this story. Please use the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with important news and business insights for your online retail business.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.