Afterpay Declares November 19th “Done Day” As Buyers Start Holiday Shopping Early
With the holiday shopping season and Black Friday style deals starting earlier than ever before, Afterpay has declared November 19th as “Done Day”. This is the day which if consumers can complete their shopping by, then they can have it paid off in time for the New Year. Afterpay recently announced how their buy now pay later platform has saved shoppers millions in credit card fees.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
You can see the full announcement below:
Afterpay declared November 19th ‘Done Day’ — the official day for consumers to use Afterpay to shop their holiday list and have it paid off by the new year. With nearly one in five millennials stating they are likely to have credit card debt after holiday shopping, Afterpay is committed to helping shoppers ‘Afterpay their lists’ by November 19th – indulging in the joy of gifting interest-free and avoiding the holiday debt hangover.
A new Holiday Shopping Survey found that almost half of people are shopping earlier this year – many of which are concerned about overspending. Highlights from the survey include:
- Overwhelmed and Concerned about Overspending: One out of four people feel stressed or overwhelmed by spending money during the holidays and nearly 40% of Gen Z plan to shop early to avoid overspending.
- Shopping Early Birds: Almost half of people (45%) started their holiday shopping early to avoid crowds, with over one in three (39%) people planning to finish all their holiday shopping before Thanksgiving.
- Implementing Spending Limits: Shoppers this year are budgeting more than ever with over one in three (36%) people setting a strict budget for themselves and 37% of respondents agreeing on spending limits with friends and family during the holiday season.
- No Way for Delays: Nearly 50% of respondents are shopping early this year specifically to ensure their gifts arrive due to the increasing fear of supply chain barriers and shipping delays.
“The holidays can be both emotionally and financially overwhelming. To get ahead of the last-minute scramble and to ensure a sense of financial wellness by year’s end, shoppers should begin to shop now and use budgeting tools. To the consumers’ benefit, retailers have already begun to promote holiday deals; presenting plentiful opportunities to save money as we get a jumpstart on holiday shopping.”Trae Bodge, Afterpay Brand Ambassador & Smart Shopping Expert.
Holiday Deals and Promotions
The survey found that more than half (64%) of people scout and research deals and promotions when holiday shopping. And shopping early has never been easier this holiday season. Afterpay retailers have started to roll out a series of deals and promotions, including offers from the biggest US brands made available to Afterpay members exclusively in the app. Shoppers can expect even more deals to be announced weekly as concerns around supply chain delays and early holiday consumer demand drives retailers to be competitive around Singles Day, Veterans Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and more.
Afterpay’s 6 Weeks of Gifting Better Sweepstakes
This November, Afterpay will unveil its ‘Six Weeks of Gifting Better’ shopping sweepstakes – giving away hundreds of prizes this holiday season, $500 winners drawn weekly, and five winners receiving the Grand Prize of $10,000. To be entered to win, customers must sign up for the sweeps and shop with Afterpay. Each qualifying purchase of $20 or more will earn one entry into the sweepstakes. The more entries, the better chances to win.
“With the US installment market growing at 230% since the start of 2020 – it’s safe to say that this holiday is the holiday of BNPL,”
“The value of our ‘buy now, pay later’ model continues to prove beneficial for consumers and merchants alike – connecting retailers with new and engaged young shoppers who value shopping responsibly over sinking into credit-card debt.”Geoff Seeley, Global CMO for Afterpay.
Afterpay drove $4.5b in net benefits to merchants, including $8.2b in incremental sales for retailers and SMB merchants this year. In addition, U.S. customers have saved up to $459m in credit card fees and interest in 2021 by making purchases with Afterpay instead of a credit card, equivalent to $6 per order. For more information visit afterpay.com.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Dave is a Co-Founder of eSeller365. For over 10 years he has been involved with eCommerce with a particular interest in the marketplaces and the huge opportunities available for sellers when utilizing a multi-channel strategy. After a year of being the UK’s youngest eCommerce consultant, he built an education platform called UnderstandingE that showed the world how to utilize Magento as the “Third Generation of Multi-Channel software”.
Dave has also created a YouTube channel dedicated to entrepreneurship and eCommerce as well as a podcast dedicated to mental health awareness. When Dave isn’t working his main interests include learning and playing Chess, researching the Crypto and NFT space, and trying to find the nearest beach.