Alibaba Gateway 17 Jack Ma Fireside Chat with Charlie Rose
In this video Jack Ma discusses business lessons he learned from building Alibaba into a $550 billion company. He discusses the group’s past, present, and future.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
Jack Ma brings interesting insight into how his first internet venture flopped. A lesson in never giving up. He tells the story about how he learned his lessons and got 18 friends together to start again with Alibaba. Now the company is worth over $300 billion and has over 60,000 employees.
Jack Ma also goes into the reasons U.S. businesses have failed in China because they had their priorities wrong. The nearly 40 minute chat sessions is fascinating view from a man that believes he can create 1,000,000 new jobs in the U.S. through his company.
This fireside chat was recorded today in front of about 3000 attendees at the group’s Detroit Gateway 17 event. The two-day event introduces Alibaba and sales opportunities to China for U.S. businesses. Other scheduled speakers for Wednesday include Martha Stewart and David Abney, CEO of UPS.
Video: Copyright Alibaba Group
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.