Amazon Prime Day – July 15 & 16 will be a two day event in 2019
- Amazon Prime Day will be Monday July 15 & 16
- Celebrities will be part of Prime Day with exclusive deals
- Prime Day is a boom for small business selling on the Amazon marketplace platform
Amazon Prime Day details
Amazon has officially announced this year’s date for Amazon Prime Day, which will start midnight Pacific Time (PT) in the US on Monday, July 15 and – for the first time ever – run for 48 hours.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
“Get ready, as we pull back the curtain to reveal exclusive products, special performances and two full days of phenomenal deals this Prime Day.”
Jeff Wilke, Amazon CEO Worldwide Consumer
The annual Prime Day sales event started in 2015 as a test but has been expanded every year to include more products and savings, including going longer in 2018 by being 36 hours.
For 2019, Amazon will again promote many of its own products at significant savings but also entice many third-party sellers to offer products at huge discounts.
Overall, the company expects to showcase over one million deals globally, including new featured Lightning Deals which the company says “will include jaw-dropping prices on top-tier brands.”
This year’s Prime Day sale is a global event and available to Prime members in the US, UK, Spain, Singapore, Netherlands, Mexico, Luxembourg, Japan, Italy, India, Germany, France, China, Canada, Belgium, Austria, Australia and – new this year – United Arab Emirates. (Start times may vary between different country marketplaces)
New for 2019, Amazon announced
- Boogie & Binge on Benefits: Enjoy Prime’s entertainment benefits, including Amazon Music, Prime Video and Twitch Prime – to name a few – and prepare for big surprises from some of the world’s top talent.
- Star-Studded Collaborations, Deals & Exclusive Launches: Stay tuned as Amazon will reveal collaborations with actors, musicians, athletes and top brands including new Prime Day Launches and, of course, exclusive deals.
- Get More with Alexa: Alexa wants to be your Prime Day companion, delivering entertainment, fun and some early access to deals. Just ask Alexa.
- Prime Keeps Getting Faster: Prime members expect the convenience of unlimited fast, free shipping to your door, your garage and even to your car and Prime just keeps getting faster as the membership program evolves to predominantly one-day delivery. Prime Free One-Day Delivery is now available to US Prime members with no minimum purchase amount on more than ten million products coast to coast.
Prime Day supports small and medium-sized businesses
This year, members can shop hundreds of thousands of Prime Day deals from small and medium-sized businesses around the globe and, for the first time, members will be able to shop a dedicated page of Prime Day deals from US-based innovators, artisans, and entrepreneurs.
Prime members can support small and medium-sized businesses this Prime Day by shopping deals from Amazon Storefronts, Amazon Handmade, Amazon Launchpad and more.
Last Prime Day, small and medium-sized businesses selling in Amazon’s stores surpassed $1.5 billion in sales. Are you ready to take advantage of Amazon Prime Day 2019 with your business?
READ MORE: Amazon Prime Day is coming! – Are you ready?
Have you prepared for Amazon Prime Day? Please use the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with important news and business insights for your online retail business.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.