Amazon Promoting Voice Shopping with Early Alexa Prime Day Deals
Amazon announced they would offer exclusive deals when using Alexa. Starting today, July 5th, Alexa will have more than 100 deals available on Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Amazon Tap, Fire TV, or Alexa compatible Fire tablets.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
PRIME DAY EARLY ACCESS AS WELL
Also, shoppers using the voice devices will have a full two hour early access on July 10th from 4pm PST (7pm EST) and 6pm PST (9pm EST).
Regular shopping hours this year for Prime Day are from July 10th at 6pm PST (9pm EST) going to July 11th Midnight PST (July 12, 3am EST).
As a reminder, Prime Day Deals will become available for preview on Amazon 24 hours before the start of the event.
HOW TO FIND OUT WHAT DEALS ALEXA HAS AVAILABLE NOW IS EASY
Ask Alexa the question “Alexa, what are your deals?”.
The exclusive deals are available through July 17th, and you need to keep asking Alexa for the latest offers.
- Save $50 on Bose Soundlink Bluetooth speaker III – say, “Alexa, order Bose Soundlink three.”
- Save $20 on Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus 2nd Generation – works with Alexa – say, “Alexa, order Philips Lightstrip Plus.”
- Save $7 on Wemo Mini smart plug – say, “Alexa, order Wemo Mini Smart Plug.”
- Save $6 on Greenies dog treats, original flavor, 27 oz. – say, “Alexa, order Greenies dog treats.”
- Save 50% on Wickedly Prime Sweet n’ Cheesy Popcorn Mix – say, “Alexa, order Sweet and Cheesy Popcorn.”
- Save 35% on Haribo Gummi Bear 12-pack – say, “Alexa, order Haribo Gummi Bears.”
- Save 30% on Squatty Potty – say, “Alexa, order Squatty Potty.”
EVEN PRIME IS ON SALE FOR ALEXA USERS
If you have an Alexa powered device but do not have Prime yet, Amazon has an offer for you. For a limited time when you say “Alexa, sign me up for Prime”, the yearly Prime Membership with drop to $79 for the first year.
ALEXA PROMOTIONS AND SWEEPSTAKES
Amazon is also offering some exclusive promotions and sweepstakes for voice shoppers.
First-time voice shoppers will receive a $10 Amazon Promo code for future use when completing their first order. Also, anyone purchasing an Alexa exclusive deal is entered into a $5,000 sweepstakes.
AMAZON MAKING VOICE SHOPPING THE FUTURE?
Amazon is using Prime Day in the United States to promote the use of voice shopping.
With tens of millions of products available to purchase through Alexa, including 3rd Party marketplace products, this is the first major push by Amazon to establish voice shopping to the masses.
MARKETPLACE SELLERS NEED TO BE READY
If you are selling products not sold by Amazon and are maintaining your order Amazon marketplace listings, you need to review your titles and structured data.
Keywords are an important factor for voice shopping to work.
You should expect users to use fewer words and simpler words to find products. Most people familiar with voice assistants use short and simple wording. So some minor changes may be needed for your listings.
Try using an Alexa device to find your products. If you cannot find them, think about how shoppers may search for your product using their voice.
EXCITING “EXPERIMENT” BY AMAZON
The promotion to push voice shopping for Prime Day are an exciting “experiment” by Amazon.
The exclusive Alexa deals are limited to the United States for this year. However, that is the largest market for Amazon and expanding Prime Day deals to other Amazon sites next year is very likely.
Amazon continues to change the way people shop on the Internet. What are your thoughts about about voice shopping? Let us know below.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.