Amazon UK Announces: Small Business, Big Dreams – An Interactive Livestream to Help Young Business Owners Grow Their Businesses
Amazon UK announces the launch of Small Business, Big Dreams: an interactive, virtual livestream aimed at helping up-and-coming entrepreneurs to grow their businesses. The livestreamed discussion will explore the future of young entrepreneurship and how to successfully market a business in the ever-changing social media age of 2022. To tune in for free, head to Amazon UK’s Instagram channel, at 7pm (BST) on Thursday 30th June 2022 to take part and submit questions for the panel.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
Last year, Prime Day saw customers spend over $1.9bn globally on more than 70 million small business products during the promotional period, but with a constantly evolving economy, the next generation of entrepreneurs and business owners require the right tools and guidance to help them adapt and succeed online. Amazon UK’s Small Business, Big Dreams livestream will give future entrepreneurs inspiration and advice on turning a brilliant start-up idea into a successful business, as well as exploring the impact an engaged online following can have on a brand.
Amazon UK Brings In Celebrity Entrepreneurs
Celebrity business owners, including Patricia Bright, Olivia Attwood, and Montana Brown, will offer their expertise on a range of useful topics for budding business owners, including the power of influence and the impact it can have on start-ups; going viral and its potential effect upon a business; and how to take a business to the next level once the sales start to come in. Those who tune in will be able to send through questions in advance for the panel which will be moderated by host, Patricia Bright, to discuss and answer.
Alongside the celebrities, small business owners Ky Wright of Human Food, Class of 2022 Forbes 30 under 30’s Darcy Laceby of Absolute Collagen, and Olivia Ferdi of TRIP Drinks will join the livestream panel. As experienced Amazon UK small business selling partners, they will share their personal advice on why combining social media with selling on a store like Amazon UK can be a great way to take a business to the next level, and how events such as Prime Day offer huge opportunities to their respective brands.
The full line-up consists of:
- Patricia Bright, founder of The Break, as panel host
- Olivia Attwood, founder of Foolish
- Montana Brown, founder of Swim Society
- Darcy Laceby, co-founder of Absolute Collagen
- Ky Wright, founder of Human Food
- Olivia Ferdi, co-founder director of TRIP Drinks
- Emma Jones, founder of Enterprise Nation
“We’re so lucky to have such a talented pool of next generation UK entrepreneurs. We know it can sometimes be tricky to navigate the complexities of launching a business in this digital age, so it’s brilliant to see such a great line-up of innovators and experts coming together to give their insights.
“Over 50% of products sold on Amazon in the UK are from small and medium sized businesses, and key events such as our upcoming Prime Day can have a huge impact on start-ups. Our small business selling partners included in the line-up will be sure to impart their expert advice for those who have a dream of setting up their own successful business.”John Boumphrey, Country Manager, Amazon UK.
“I’ve put my heart and soul into growing the brand identity of Foolish on social media, as that’s where my audience lives. I can’t wait to join the panel to discuss how to navigate social media as a brand and hopefully help others thrive as a result!”Olivia Attwood, Founder of Contemporary Luxury Brand, Foolish
“It’s really important that we support small businesses as much as possible, especially in today’s climate. I hope that people send in as many questions as they can during the livestream so we can help them on their business journey.”Montana Brown, Founder of swimwear brand, Swim Society
This year Amazon UK has made it easier than ever to support small businesses on Prime Day:
- Win Big by Supporting Small: From Tuesday 21st June until Monday 11th July, for every £1 spent on eligible small business products, customers will receive a chance to win great prizes. Hundreds of thousands of customers globally will have a chance to win Amazon gift cards. To learn more, visit amazon.co.uk/primedaysweepstakes.
- Look for the Small Business Badge: Prime members can discover and shop products from small business brands in Amazon’s store with the new Small Business Badge. This new badge makes it easier for members to identify products from small business brands and artisans. To learn more and shop curated collections, visit amazon.co.uk/supportsmall.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.