Australia Post Charters Extra 747 Freighter to Help Christmas Deliveries
To help ensure residents in Perth have a merry Christmas, Australia Post has chartered a dedicated 747 freighter aircraft, operating from Sydney to Perth, to help support the uplift of WA-bound parcels and mail.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
The Australia Post chartered freighter departed Sydney today with approximately 70,000 items of parcels and mail onboard. This freighter is in addition to increased flights and capacity already being provided to help deliver items to Western Australia during the busy peak period.
Australia Post Disruptions Threatened Christmas For Many
Significant and ongoing disruptions across the supply chain from extreme weather events, along with a recent train derailment on the Melbourne-to-Adelaide route has impacted the ability of logistics businesses to transport items to and from Perth from the East Coast of Australia.
Australia Post’s General Manager Premium Services and International, Mark Davies, says, “While the weather and derailments might be out of our control, chartering this additional 747 freighter is an extra measure we are committed to taking, to ensure we can really deliver for our customers and the community – especially during this peak seasonal period.”
“Our team continues to work hard to get deliveries to our Perth customers as soon as possible. This includes increasing our usual airfreight capacity by up to 50 percent and undertaking weekend deliveries in many locations so that we can continue to deliver for our customers as quickly and safely as possible”
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.