BigCommerce Expands Online Commerce Platform with Launch of B2B Edition
BigCommerce has launched its B2B Edition, a new offering that enhances the selling experience for business-to-business (B2B) enterprise merchants.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
B2B Edition provides an advanced suite of B2B functionalities through the company’s exclusive partner integration of BundleB2B with BigCommerce Enterprise to help enterprise merchants better facilitate online operations and provide customers with seamless transactions and convenient self-service account capabilities.
BigCommerce Enterprise provides a host of enterprise B2B sales features and seamless integration with point-of-sale and ERP platforms.
B2B Edition expands these functionalities to streamline onboarding, support and contract services into one all-inclusive bundle with a single point of contact. B2B companies with complex operations can now add new channels quickly, create B2C-level experiences and run operations for B2B and B2C audiences on a single platform.
BigCommerce to Tap Into US B2B Online Commerce Growth
US B2B ecommerce transactions are expected to reach $1.8 trillion by 2023, which would account for 17% of all B2B sales in the country. By 2025, 80% of all B2B sales interactions between suppliers and business buyers will occur online.
B2B Edition combines the speed and ease-of-use of BigCommerce’s powerful ecommerce functionality with a focus on platform openness to easily connect to mission-critical systems and best-in-breed solutions where needed.
It comes with six pre-installed B2B-optimized themes to help businesses get up and running quickly and enables developers to build freely with the industry’s fastest APIs.
“We are advancing B2B ecommerce through enterprise functionality, platform openness and flexibility to enable a modernized ecommerce experience that our B2B merchants could pass along to their customers. B2B Edition brings a huge advantage in creating B2C-like digital experiences that help businesses sell faster, while giving their customers more options that work best for them without sacrificing performance.”MaryAnn Bekkedahl, senior vice president of business development at BigCommerce
Additionally, merchants with multiple stores can combine them into one contract whether each individual store uses B2B Edition or not.
Key Benefits of BigCommerce B2B Edition
- Empower sales teams. Speed up deals with the ability for sales reps to create custom quotes and discounts and log in, shop, and purchase on behalf of customers.
- Decrease friction in path to purchase. Attract new buyers and make life easier for loyal customers. Advanced payment options, shared shopping lists and buy-again capabilities allow customers to buy their way.
- Tailor the customer experience. Define custom account hierarchies and price lists to show each customer exactly what they need to see — all on a responsive, mobile-friendly site.
The addition of the B2B branded edition is the latest feature enhancement by BigCommerce to attract a larger user base after the company went public last year.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.