Canada Post Asking Customers For Patience During Unprecedented Holiday Season
Canada Post is experiencing an unprecedented number of transactions at post offices across the country as Canadians look to safely connect with loved ones through the mail this holiday season.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
The demand has come from a significant increase in customers dropping off parcels for shipping to family and friends or purchasing stamps for greeting cards. As well, a growing number of small businesses are bringing in packaged orders to be shipped to their customers.
The rapid spike in activity at the post office, combined with key safety measures such as physical distancing, means line-ups are often a reality.
The Canadian postal service said that employees understand the importance of each item and are working hard to serve customers as quickly and safely as possible. It’s important to note that some transactions are more complex, such as international parcels, and therefore Canada Post is asking for patience.
Canada Post is offering the following tips to help the lines move faster:
- In the spirit of the season, please stay patient, be kind and keep the post office friendly. Ensure you wear a face covering and respect all safety measures, such as physical distancing.
- Purchase a flat rate box from any post office and ship up to 5 kg anywhere in Canada. They’re easy to address and can be dropped off at a post office or in any red street letter box.
- If using your own box, please properly package and clearly address it before heading to the post office. Tips are available at canadapost.ca.
- For international items, fill out customs form online in advance at canadapost.ca before dropping off your package.
Ramping Up To Deliver
Canada Post has fully implemented plans to scale up and stay safe while responding to the heavy holiday parcel volumes this holiday season. The service is processing mail and parcels around the clock to respond to the increase in demand. Even with additional resources, there is a limit to how much wit can safely process and deliver. Customers may experience delays.
- Canada Post has added more than 4,000 temporary seasonal employees, increased its fleet by more than 1,000 vehicles and added key equipment.
- The service is delivering on weekends in many communities, added more Parcel Pickup locations, and hours at many post offices have been extended.
- Canada Post is also working with major customers to manage demand, improve the flow of parcels within its network and encourage Canadians to shop early.
- Physical distancing is being required in all aspects of its operations and face coverings are mandatory in all Canada Post facilities.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.