ChannelAdvisor Supports New Amazon Local Selling Program
ChannelAdvisor launched a solution for sellers who want to offer in-store pickup within the newly released Amazon Local Selling program.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
The Amazon service was announced at the Amazon Accelerate conference on October 21 and is currently available to select sellers who can deliver products to customers’ homes within local delivery areas or offer Buy Online, Pickup in Store (BOPIS) at their retail stores or warehouses.
ChannelAdvisor’s new solution helps sellers participating in Amazon Local Selling to manage the in-store pickup experience, including their store setup, store-level inventory, and order status updates (“ready-for-pickup” and “picked up”).
The in-store pickup service complements the existing solutions ChannelAdvisor provides to sellers who use Amazon services.
“Online shoppers have grown accustomed to the convenience and speed of in-store pickup. Our solution helps sellers in Amazon Local Selling provide the in-store pick-up options their customers are actively seeking. We’re thrilled to invite sellers to leverage ChannelAdvisor’s expanded support to help grow their businesses.”Steve Frechette, vice president of product management at ChannelAdvisor
ChannelAdvisor and Amazon
Amazon is among the more than 200 channels integrated into ChannelAdvisor’s platform that enable brands and retailers to reach consumers globally.
With ChannelAdvisor’s platform, brands and retailers can simplify operations, improve inventory and order management, and boost product visibility across marketplaces, search engines, retail sites, and social media.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.