CommerceHub to Acquire ChannelAdvisor for $23.10 per share
CommerceHub, an industry-leading commerce network connecting supply, demand, and delivery for the world’s leading retailers and brands, and ChannelAdvisor Corporation, a leading provider of cloud-based eCommerce solutions that enable brands and retailers to increase global sales, today announced they have entered into a definitive agreement for CommerceHub to acquire the outstanding shares of ChannelAdvisor in a transaction led by global software investor and current shareholder of CommerceHub, Insight Partners.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
Under the terms of the agreement, ChannelAdvisor stockholders will receive $23.10 per share in cash, representing a premium of approximately 57% over the company’s closing stock price on September 2, 2022, the last full trading day prior to this announcement. The boards of directors of both companies have unanimously approved the transaction.
The complementary combination of CommerceHub and ChannelAdvisor expands capabilities for brands and retailers:
- Brands will be able to manage their public and private marketplaces alongside their retailer connections with a single vendor, improving efficiency by unifying first-party, dropship, and third-party integrations.
- Retailers will be able to access an even larger pool of brands, with over 18,000 customers transacting more than $50 billion in gross merchandise value (GMV) and more than $500 million in digital marketing and retail media ad spend annually across the combined network.
- Companies across the network will be able to save on delivery costs and improve delivery experiences with Delivery Suite, and improve their consumer experience with Shoppable Media and Brand Analytics.
“CommerceHub and ChannelAdvisor have both established themselves as leading solutions for different segments of online retailers and brands. By coming together, we can provide an even broader network, enabling our combined customers to grow their businesses by discovering new products, new brands, and new channels,” said Bryan Dove, CEO, CommerceHub.
“This is a tremendous opportunity for our customers, for our team members, and our shareholders. This transaction positions the combined company to accelerate innovation and help shape the future of commerce,” said David Spitz, CEO, ChannelAdvisor.
Investors that participated in this transaction include Insight Partners, GTCR, Sycamore Partners, and Goldman Sachs Asset Management. Financing for the transaction is being provided by Sixth Street and Golub Capital LLC (the “Financing Sources”).
The proposed transaction is not subject to a financing condition and is expected to close in 2022. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including receipt of regulatory approvals and approval by ChannelAdvisor’s stockholders. The companies will operate independently until the proposed transaction is finalized.
Upon completion of the transaction, ChannelAdvisor will become a privately held company and shares of ChannelAdvisor common stock will no longer be listed on any public market.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.