eBay and Nike Reissue the Iconic ‘eBay Dunk’ Sneaker
The two iconic brands eBay and Nike, commemorate 20 years of the Nike SB Dunk with a general release, 10 limited-edition pairs benefitting the Bodecker Foundation, and a sneaker shop offering throwback pricing on a selection of Nike SB Dunk shoes.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
Twenty years ago, one pair of Nike SB Dunks, in the eBay colorway, fetched an unprecedented $30,000 at auction. The samples were cut into pieces to protect the value of the original pair. The winning bidder’s identity was kept a secret, but today is being revealed as Sandy Bodecker, the mastermind designer behind Nike SB.
Now, eBay and Nike SB are reissuing the “eBay Dunk,” timed to the iconic silhouette’s 20th anniversary.
- Bodecker Foundation Charity Auction: Ten collectors’ edition pairs will be available at eBay.com/sbdunk. The seven-day auction starts on Wednesday, Dec. 7, at 7 a.m. PT, with all proceeds benefiting The Bodecker Foundation. Each pair includes a commemorative saw and is packaged in a skateable shoe box.
- 2022 Nike SB eBay Dunk: The general release design pays homage to the cut-up samples of the original pair. The sneakers will launch at skate shops globally on Thursday, Dec. 15, and on the SNKRS app on Sunday, Dec. 17.
“Twenty years ago, Sandy Bodecker set out to establish Nike’s place in the skateboarding world,” said eBay General Manager of Sneakers Garry Thaniel.
“The Nike SB Dunk changed the game for sneakerheads, and while eBay has always been the place for hard-to-find Nike SB Dunk shoes from any era, it’s incredible that this one-storied style is making a comeback.”
The eBay Skate ‘Em Out Store
To celebrate the launch of the 2022 Nike SB eBay Dunk, the two brands will open the Skate ‘Em Out Store in Portland, Oregon. Demonstrating a long-standing commitment to the skate and sneaker communities, the store gives enthusiasts access to coveted Nike SB Dunk shoes – like the Nike SB Dunk Low Pro x Grateful Dead “Opti Yellow,” Nike SB Dunk High “De La Soul” and Nike SB Dunk Low “Sour Apple” – at the original 2002 MSRP of $65 a pair. To get this price, shoppers just have to lace up their Nike SB Dunk shoes and skate out of the store.
- What: Skate ‘Em Out Store
- Where: Bodecker Foundation | 2360 NW Quimby Road, Portland, Oregon
- When: Open Friday, Dec. 9, to Saturday, Dec. 10, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT
- Who: All skaters welcome; must be 18 years old or accompanied by a parent/guardian.
To keep up with all 20 years of SB Dunks on eBay happenings, follow @ebaysneakers on Instagram and @ebay on TikTok.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.