eBay Australia Updates Prescription and Over-the-Counter Medication Policy
eBay Australia has updated its prescription and Over-the-Counter (OTC) medication policy which will go into effect on 19 October 2022.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
These changes will help sellers with current listings in the Over-the-Counter Medications & Treatments ensure they remain compliant with Australian regulations while providing confidence to buyers to purchase medications on eBay.
Changes to the Prescription and Over-the-Counter Medication Policy include:
- Only Australian business sellers will be allowed to list Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medications.
- Selling pharmacy medicine on eBay will now be allowed, but only by pharmacists that have been pre-approved by eBay under the new Pharmaceutical Policy.
- When sellers list medications, the relevant Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) number (AUST R or AUST L) must be provided and clearly displayed.
- Complementary Medicines listings must also include the relevant Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) number (AUST R or AUST L).
Australian sellers that list in the Read the Over-the-Counter Medications & Treatments category should read over eBay’s updated OTC Medications & Treatments Policy.
eBay Australia To Remove Private OTC Medication Listings
Beginning 19 October 2022, private sellers will no longer be allowed to list OTC medication and all listings will be automatically removed by eBay, including listings that were launched prior to this date.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.