eBay Canada Adds New Shipping Badge to Highlight Items Offering Fast, Free, and Tracked Shipping
eBay Canada has added a new shipping badge to highlight items that offer fast, free, and tracked shipping. The new shipping badge will automatically appear on all eligible items on the item page, cart, and checkout on eBay.ca.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
This badge highlights to buyers items with the best shipping experience, which should increase sales conversion for sellers as consumers today expect fast shipping.
For Canadian sellers to take advantage of the new shipping badge, listings must include the following:
- Offer free shipping.
- Offer same-day or 1-day handling.
- The item must arrive within four business days, including handling time.
- The order must ship with a tracked service, and sellers must add the tracking number to the order on eBay.
eBay Canada reassures sellers that if items don’t arrive on time due to a reasonable shipping issue, they’ll make it right.
eBay Canada Suggests Shipping Service to Qualify For Badge
The company suggests the following shipping services that offer guaranteed delivery of up to 3 days to all of Canada.
- UPS Expedited Canada: 1-2 business days
- UPS Express Canada: 1 business day
- UPS Express Saver Canada: 1-2 business days
- UPS Standard Canada: 1-3 business days
- FedEx 2 Day: 1-2 business days
- FedEx Economy: 1-3 business days
- FedEx Priority Overnight: 1 business day
However, sellers should be aware that FedEx will suspend its money-back service guarantee on the three FedEx Express services mentioned by eBay starting November 1, 2021, until January 16, 2022.
eBay did not address this policy change by FedEx and it’s unclear if that would qualify as “a reasonable shipping issue” if the order arrives late.
Canadian sellers can find more information about the new shipping badge here, and how to update their listings to show the badge.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.