eBay Canada Now Offers Promoted Listings for Sellers
eBay seems to be launching promoted listings on many of its platforms after the initial debut on ebay.com. Just last week, they made the feature available to eBay Motors Parts and Accessories sellers in the United States.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
Now it is Canada’s turn to get Promoted Listings. The key point is that this applies to ebay.ca listings, as Canadian sellers were already able to promote listings on ebay.com.
Also, since so many Canadian sellers sell on both ebay.ca and ebay.com, it is important to note that seller can only promote listings on the site the listing was launched. Therefore, to promote your listing on ebay.ca, the listing must be started on ebay.ca.
As is the case for the U.S., promoted listings in Canada are easy to set up.
- Start by enrolling here.
- Select the items you like to promote
- Choose a competitive ad rate (between 1-20% of the item’s sale price). Ad rates are available here.
- Launch your campaign, and your promoted listings should appear within 30 minutes.
eBay.ca also hosts a detailed FAQ page here.
One final note, eBay.ca anchor store owners receive a $25 credit per quarter on promoted listings. So at least you are getting a little back on your store fees.
We’d love to hear how you are getting on with eBay promoted listings. Is the feature working for you? Drop us a line in the comments section below.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.