eBay Collaborates With UPS To Offer New Shipping Options
eBay is teaming up with UPS to expand shipping options on its global marketplace to give sellers more shipping options, especially during a time when the US Postal Service is experiencing delays.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
Beginning later this week, eBay will roll out to its sellers the new option to use UPS as an integrated service with all sellers gaining access by the end of September.
“We’re always looking for new ways to ensure our sellers have the tools they need to successfully run their businesses on eBay,” said Vice President of Seller Operations and Engagement Marni Levine.
“Customers want and expect to receive their packages in the fastest and most reliable way possible, which is why our collaboration with UPS comes at such a critical moment. eBay is proud to deliver sellers more choice and flexibility when it comes to their shipping, which also benefits our buyers,” Levine added.
eBay said it is committed to building the best global marketplace for buyers and sellers through a tech-led re-imagination of its marketplace.
Through this integration, UPS will be added to eBay Labels, available in both desktop and mobile, saving sellers time and money, bringing together their order details, customer information, label printing, and shipment tracking — all in one place.
UPS Brings Savings and Convenience to eBay Sellers
Additionally, this relationship provides a number of new features for selling and shipping on eBay through UPS, including:
- Savings: Sellers located in the continental US will receive discounts of up to 48% off UPS Ground shipments and up to 62% on daily rates for UPS 2nd Day Air service, including various waived or discounted surcharges. When printing UPS labels through eBay, savings are automatic—no need to sign up for a UPS account.
- More Convenience: More than 85,000 drop-off locations, including designated nearby UPS Access Point locations like The UPS Store, Michaels, CVS, and local independent retailers, or UPS Drop Boxes for 24/7 availability. Find a convenient UPS drop-off point to ship and collect your packages here.
- Flexible and reliable shipping options to support sellers in offering their customers the service best suited for their needs – whether that’s overnight or ground. And, the option to ship six days a week — including Saturdays to many locations.
- Additional Tools: Improved customer satisfaction to put buyers’ minds at ease with automated shipping updates, tracking information and delivery alerts.
Domestic UPS shipping options on eBay will include UPS Ground, UPS 2nd Day Air, UPS Next Day Air Saver, and UPS Next Day Air.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.