eBay Launches Dark Mode on IOS and Android Mobile Apps
eBay has launched Dark Mode on its eBay native devices. Dark Mode is designed to ease the shopping experience, honor device settings, create more accessibility and provide best-in-class service to customers.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
The online marketplace is now one of the first ecommerce companies to launch Dark Mode on iOS and Dark Theme on Android and it said that Dark Mode was one of the most requested feature updates from users.
The reason to implement Dark Mode on mobile devices is to reduce eye strain and enhance engagement with the app. When eye strain is prolonged throughout the entire day and into the night, sleep patterns, focus and overall health can be negatively impacted.
By implementing a color scheme with light-colored text, icons and graphical user interface elements on a dark background, Dark Mode allows for a comfortable viewing experience that’s easy on the eyes.
Meeting all contrast guidelines and standards, Dark Mode also helps customers with light sensitivities and visual impairments navigate the app. As an added benefit, Dark Mode saves battery life due to low power usage.
eBay Dark Mode = Longer Shopping Sessions?
While eBay didn’t highlight the possibility of longer shopping sessions, eBay did say they will evaluate app analytics to learn how customers are using Dark Mode.
Furthermore, eBay will garner feedback from users across multiple communication channels to continue to improve the native app experience.
To learn more about eBay’s new Dark Mode, here is the tech post on eBay’s corporate site.
The feature is currently rolling out to eBay users in the US, UK, Germany and Australia, and will expand to all other regions in July.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.