eBay New Shop Features Are Now Live for US and UK Sellers
eBay has launched its new shop features for US and UK sellers, including a shops tab in Seller Hub, inventory strips, a marketing banner, and other areas.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
In the eBay fall updates (US and UK), the company previewed some of the new features already, including a dedicated Seller Hub shop tab and a new About tab.
These new features are now live and ready to help eBay sellers use their shop to tell their story, drive traffic, and showcase inventory during the holiday season.
What’s New With eBay Shops
- A dedicated shop tab in Seller Hub—Easily set up and manage the shop by being able to access all the latest shops features from the one-stop-shop in Seller Hub.
- An About tab—Sellers can now tell buyers about who they are and what they do in the shop’s About tab.
- Store policies—Set expectations for buyers around shipping, return, and business policies.
- Inventory strips—Choose which items buyers see first by adding up to 4 inventory strips, each with up to 6 items. Choose from topics such as “Featured items,” “Just in,” “Festive collection,” and more.
- Visual categories—Add up to 6 categories, each with its own custom image, in a visual “shop by category” section.
- Marketing banners—Grab buyers’ attention and highlight products, sales, or promotions with clickable marketing banners.
In addition, eBay has upgraded the in-shop search experience for shop owners.
The shop search will now show all of the same filters and search tools available on eBay’s general search, making a seller’s inventory easier to find when buyers are searching directly in their shop.
If buyers search for a shops’ name, buyers may also be given a clue to complete their query.
eBay said sellers will see more updates and enhancements to shops over the coming weeks and months, including the ability to add a video to the About tab telling buyers more about the seller.
These changes are all part of eBay’s tech-led reimagination to help sellers grow their business on the marketplace.
Note: Post updated 11/4/21 to include US sellers.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.