eBay Raises Fees for Motors Sellers in Canada
Effective Monday, November 13, 2017, eBay will implement a new fee structure for eBay Motors sellers in Canada. The company states these fees are to bring Canadian Motors fees inline with U.S. Motors fees.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
The fee increases are only for Advanced Listing Upgrades, but some of them are very popular among sellers and more important, the fee increases are significant.
|Advanced Listing Upgrade||New Fee||Old Fee|
|10-Day Duration||$18 (+$3)||$15|
|21-Day Duration||$40 (+$8)||$32|
|Buy It Now (Auction only)||$10 (+$8)||$2|
|Reserve Price (Below $75,000)||$40 (+$33)||$7|
|Reserve Price (Above $75,000)||$99 (+$92)||$7|
All fees are in CAN $ and do not include applicable taxes
The categories impacted by the new Advanced Listing Upgrade fees are:
- Cars & Trucks
- Other Vehicles & Trailers
If you sell on eBay Motors in Canada, what are your thoughts about these fee increases? It seems to us they just put them out there without offering anything in return to sellers. We like to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.