eBay to Protect Performance Ratings for Sellers Impacted by Winter Storm Izzy
eBay is extending seller protections to sellers impacted by Winter Storm Izzy that has impacted parts of the midwest, southeast and most of the northern east coast.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
Sellers that rely on the US Postal Service may get a little reprieve Monday as January 17 is Martin Luther King Jr. Day and USPS is not open on federal holidays. However, this storm will likely continue to affect many sellers for days on the east coast.
“As a seller, you may be concerned about shipping delays for items already shipped or difficulties getting sold items to your carrier. We are closely monitoring the situation and providing you with additional support and protections during this challenging time. Please stay safe and take care of yourself, your family, and your community.”eBay Statement
Sellers located in the impacted areas and are not able to ship orders are recommended to:
- Communicate with buyers to advise them of the situation.
- Extend handling times on listings if expecting delays to fulfill orders.
If a seller’s business is impacted, eBay will automatically protect the seller’s performance metrics, including:
- Late shipment rate.
- Valid tracking upload rate.
- “Item not received” cases due to late delivery as long as seller uploaded tracking before the case was opened and have a physical scan from the carrier.
- Defects resulting from transactions sellers had to cancel.
eBay to Remove Negative Ratings and Feedback
eBay will also remove any associated negative and neutral feedback and these cases will not impact seller service metrics rating.
The company said sellers may see late shipments due to this weather event on the seller dashboard, but they will be removed before the next seller performance evaluation.
While eBay says sellers do not need to contact customer service, we always advise tracking all shipments, including those that may travel through impacted areas.
When shipments are marked late but not removed, contacting eBay Customer Service may be necessary if the company didn’t remove the negative rating in time.
It is believed that eBay uses zipcode tables to automatically identify impacted areas, but sometimes there can be mistakes and there can be issues if the origin and destination zip codes are not included, but the package had to travel through the impacted area.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.