eBay Announces Seller Protections Due to Nationwide Winter Storms
eBay announced seller protections from winter storms that have caused havoc across the United States over the past week, including in parts of Southern California.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
The massive winter storm that hit Southern California over the weekend is now moving east, potentially bringing more winter weather to parts of the U.S. Some delivery delays and logistics disruptions should continue this week across the nation.
The company said it will automatically protect your seller performance due to these winter storms, including:
- Late shipment rate.
- Valid tracking upload rate.
- ‘Item not received’ cases due to late delivery as long as sellers have uploaded tracking before the case was opened, and have a physical scan from the carrier.
- Defects resulting from transactions you canceled.
eBay will also remove any associated negative as well as neutral feedback, and these cases will not impact a seller’s service metrics rating for Item Not Received.
The company will continue to make necessary adjustments to delivery date estimates, so that buyers have accurate expectations.
Trust eBay – But Verify
Whenever eBay offers these seller protections, we still recommend that sellers monitor all their performance metrics, even when eBay says they will make automatic adjustments.
Adjustments can take a few days. We advise sellers to check their account frequently and contact eBay if there is a shipment that you believe should have been covered under this seller protection.
Please check our USPS domestic disruptions page for the latest information on operational suspensions and disruptions these weather events are having on mail and package deliveries.
UPS and FedEx also maintain service alert pages here:
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.