eBay Takes a Look Back At Its Retail Revival Program
This year eBay launches a new program called Retail Revival in the US and U.K.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
Working with small local businesses in selected cities, the marketplace goal was to revitalize local retail communities by expanding the reach of these businesses to include online sales.
The program launched in the city of Akron, Ohio, then Lansing Michigan, and in late in 2018 expanded to the U.K. with Wolverhampton, England.
READ MORE: eBay Retail Revival First City in UK is Wolverhampton
Program is Thriving
eBay says each the three city programs is now thriving and producing very promising results. Here are some details:
- Of the 182 participating Retail Revival sellers, 60% were new to eBay.
- Collectively, Retail Revival sellers have made 37,000+ sales.
- Approximately 10% of the combined US city GMV has come from international sales, representing buyers from over 70 countries from Algeria to Vietnam.
- Sellers in Akron with previous eBay experience have seen their GMV grow 78% YoY as a result of the top-notch coaching and training they’ve received.
- Lansing and Wolverhampton experienced sellers are also performing well, with current GMV growth at 14% and 33%, respectively.
- Two Akron Retail Revival sellers, Five Blessings and Seventh Floor Clothing, opened brick-and-mortar locations this year — a tangible sign of growth, in part supported by their sales on eBay.
These numbers represent a good start for Retail Revival, and eBay says it is just getting started.
The company has plans underway for at least three more cities in 2019, one of which will be outside the US.
In a bid to be a champion of small businesses, eBay is trying to merge the online and offline world by helping businesses expand online. Retail Revival is just one of such program to help accomplish this goal.
To learn more about eBay’s Retail Revival program, visit ebay.com/RetailRevival
If you like to comment on this story, please use the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with important news and business insights for your online retail business.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.