eBay Launches Trailblazers Collection Sneaker Drop For Women’s History Month
Today, eBay announces the Trailblazers Collection, an exclusive drop that highlights sneakers designed or inspired by the industry’s most influential women. Kicking off Women’s History Month, this one-of-a-kind event combines beloved styles with incredible backstories and celebrates the undeniable influence of women on sneaker culture.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
“From innovative designs to milestone partnerships that changed the game, this collection honors the women who have propelled the sneaker industry forward for decades,”
“Female contributions to sneaker culture are often overlooked and, despite being passionate sneakerheads, many women feel their voices aren’t heard. We wanted to spotlight and celebrate these women who have positively impacted the community.”Charis Marquez, VP Fashion, eBay North America.
eBay’s Trailblazers Collection Celebrates Women’s History Month in Style
Starting today, sneakerheads can shop the Trailblazers Collection, with iconic styles that are only available on eBay:
- NIKE AIR MAG “Back to the Future” with power-lacing, engineered by Tiffany Beers
- Adidas Ultraboost 22, designed by Stella McCartney
- Casablanca x New Balance 327, designed by Charlotte Lee
- Nike Air Swoopes, created for Sheryl Swoopes
The collection also includes the Air Jordan II Retro “Violette”, designed by Vashtie Kola, who eBay has partnered with to share the never-been-told story of her journey and how the sneaker industry has evolved. Kola, in addition to her work with Puma, became the first female Air Jordan collaboration with the release of her sneaker in 2010.
“When the ‘Violette’ Air Jordan II Retro was released over 10 years ago, it was a truly groundbreaking moment – no other woman had ever designed a Jordan sneaker…It’s an honor to be among this incredible group of women who have had such a prolific impact on sneaker culture.”Vashtie Kola, Video DIrector & Designer
All eligible sneakers from the Trailblazers Collection are backed by eBay’s Authenticity Guarantee. The service, which eBay launched in October 2020, offers full vetting and verification of select sneakers bought on the marketplace by a team of industry experts. Authenticity Guarantee has significantly changed the way people buy and sell sneakers on eBay, as evidenced by quarter-over-quarter category growth. In just over a year, more than two million sneakers have been authenticated globally on eBay.
Through the month of March, eBay will honor women’s role in today’s sneaker culture with additional announcements and activities. Check out www.ebayinc.com/trailblazers and follow @ebaysneakers on Twitter.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.