eBay UK Releases Autumn 2017 Seller Update
eBay UK released today a “Business Seller News | Autumn 2017” post on its announcement board. In a nutshell, the announcement tidies up some loose ends and summarizes some news that had been announced previously.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
During eBay Open 2017 in Las Vegas, several of eBay presenters mentioned that eBay was effectively moving away from these major spring, summer, and fall/autumn announcements.
The company is focused on improving the platform throughout the year and will launch platform updates as they are ready to go live. Mostly these seller announcements will include policy changes.
SECURITY AND CLEAN-UP A MAJOR THEME FOR THIS UPDATE
- Remove Watermarks. Effective March 2018, all images on eBay no longer are allowed to have watermarks.
- Starting this month, all product identifies must be valid. Starting in October, new listings must include product identifiers, including for refurbished and used products in some categories.
- Promotions Manager has a new look.
- Automatic returns acceptance is being phased in this autumn.
- Sellers will receive more streamlined tool to report buyers that abuse the eBay system
- Change in contacts and link policy. This is mostly a reminder of previous announcements.
- HTTPS protocol use is expanding, mostly driven by recent Google Chrome Security changes.
If you are selling on other international sites in Europe, the eBay UK announcement also includes links to changes on other sites for you to review. A quick review of the other European announcements seem to mostly include the same policy changes.
For the full announcement, click here for the eBay Autumn Seller Update.
The guys at Understandinge.com did a video review during their live webinar today going over the details of the eBay UK seller update.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on the eBay UK seller update. How will it impact your business? Please use the comments section below.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.