eBay UK Enhances Seller Protection Benefits on Returns and Abusive Buyers
eBay UK announced enhanced seller protection benefits for Top Rated and Above Standard sellers to help with faulty returns and abusive buyers.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
Here are the details of what new protections sellers have gained through with this update.
- UK sellers will now have access to eBay’s Partial Refund tool, which gives Top Rated and Above Standard sellers control over how much they can refund buyers if an item returns in a damaged condition. This enables sellers to offer up to 50% of the value upon inspection of the returned item. eBay UK will also remove defects and negative or neutral feedback associated with those returns.
- There is also a new Report a Buyer button which is found in the returns flow and in the Resolutions Center, allowing sellers to report abusive buyers.
False not as described return claims
- eBay UK will offer up to £3.50 credit on a seller’s next invoice towards the return shipping label cost incurred if a seller’s report has been accepted through the Report a Buyer tool. There are some limitations to this offer and eBay may also consider other factors such as seller performance.
- If a report is accepted by the company, eBay UK will automatically remove negative or neutral feedback, defects, and open cases from a seller’s service metrics.
To learn more about these seller protection enhancements, visit eBay UK’s information here.
Other Protections for eBay UK Business Sellers
In its announcement about enhanced seller protections, eBay added these three items specific to business sellers. Yet it seems only the “Abusive Buying Activity” adds additional information for business sellers that were not mentioned above.
The other two items, eBay has generally already been offering for some time to business sellers.
- Events Outside a Seller’s Control: In events such as severe weather or disruptions to item arrival times, eBay will automatically adjust late delivery rates and remove negative feedback and relevant defects.
- Abusive Buying Activity: The Report a Buyer button, found in the returns flow and in the Resolutions Center, allows sellers to report abusive buyers. If eBay finds a buyer has violated the Abusive Buyer Policy, the company will remove any negative or neutral feedback posted, defects, and open cases from a business seller’s service metrics.
- eBay’s Money Back Guarantee: If an eBay Money Back Guarantee case or appeal request has been closed in the seller’s favor, eBay will remove all feedback and defects.
To learn more about these business seller protection enhancements, visit eBay UK’s information here.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.