eBay UK Partners With Reskinned To Expand Preloved Offering
Today, eBay UK has announced a new partnership with Reskinned, sustainable preloved clothing repair, and resale specialists, to expand the online marketplace’s offering of preloved items and reduce growing fashion waste.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
Reskinned takes back worn items from shoppers and reconditions them for resale, repurpose or recycle – keeping them out of landfill and extending the product’s life.
Currently working with over 30 brands, including Finisterre, Sweaty Betty, River Island, and most recently Joules; items from Reskinned are generally priced around 40% lower than their high street price, helping shoppers make choices that are both good for their wallet and the planet.
The new partnership represents an expansion of eBay UK’s offering of preloved clothing to include a wide range of items that have been repaired and made fit for resale. It will also connect Reskinned with the marketplaces’ over 20 million shoppers through a ‘brand approved’ shopfront.
This comes as UK consumers are increasingly looking for ways to save both money and the planet, with the online marketplace seeing one pre-loved fashion sale every second so far in 2022.*
Jemma Tadd, Head of Fashion at eBay UK, said: “Across the fashion industry we know there is a greater need to build a sustainable future. Since 1995, eBay has extended the life cycle of products, whether through consumer-to-consumer reselling or now the Imperfects hub, so it’s fantastic to partner with Reskinned, which is at the forefront of empowering the circular fashion economy.
“Pairing eBay’s reach to conscious customers, with Reskinned’s expertise in garment repair, resale and recycling will help extend the lifecycle of products, reduce waste and showcase the variety of routes into a kinder way to shop for the shopper’s wallet and the planet.”
Matt Hanrahan, Co-Founder of Reskinned, said: “At Reskinned it’s our mission to maximize the lifespan of clothing. We’re making it easy for brands and their customers to rehome unwanted clothes, whether that’s reselling, repairing, or if it’s the end of life recycling it responsibly. We’re determined to create a more sustainable clothing future for us all.
“Through this partnership with eBay, the original home of preloved, we hope to increase our reach and offering of our brand partners, ensuring preloved items find new owners, and realize a more sustainable fashion future.”
Shoppers can browse Reskinned’s Joule’s eBay UK shopfront here.
eBay’s global 2022 Recommerce Report, discovered that while financial reasons remain the primary motivator, 42% of eBay buyer respondents also cited environmental concerns and a hope to reduce waste, making the marketplace’s partnership with Reskinned an added solution for those looking for a kinder way to shop.
This is the latest move by eBay UK as part of their ongoing efforts to reduce fashion from being sent to landfill, with the partnership building on the launch of eBay’s ‘Imperfects’ Hub earlier this year – giving shoppers the opportunity to get clothes, shoes, and accessories which are considered new with defects but can’t be sold at full price – and Brand Outlet, eBay UK’s dedicated destination to shop end of season stock at up to 70% off.
eBay UK By The Numbers
- In 2021, eBay helped save over 17,770 tons of fashion items out of landfill – the equivalent of 1,404 double-decker buses.
- Two preloved items are sold every second and one refurbished tech item is sold every 10 seconds on eBay
- As well as mindful buying and selling to help the planet, eBay’s community has also helped over 200 social enterprises to grow their impact in communities across the country, through purchasing from forward-thinking businesses committed to doing good. £38m has also been raised for charities in 2021 via donations on the website and initiatives designed to help charitable causes.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.