eBay UK Security Update: Adding 2FA When Requesting Payouts
eBay UK has announced an important security update affecting sellers and is urging all users to double-check the phone number they have on file in their account and also ensure it has the capability to receive text messages.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
Often referred to as Two Factor Authentication it involves a user using two different methods or devices to confirm their identity. This is a good move by eBay and this reminder is useful to many who may have changed primary phone numbers and not updated them in their business accounts.
You can see the full announcement from eBay UK below:
We have an important update headed your way. Soon, you’ll get even more flexibility in deciding when you receive payouts from eBay. In line with this, we are enhancing your account security.
As we enhance the security of your account, you’ll receive requests for authentication as you continue selling on eBay—including text messages that help us verify your identity as the account holder.
Important action needed:
As some authentication requests require a text message, we need you to check the registered number you have on file, to ensure it has the ability to receive text messages. This will ensure that you have a frictionless experience when we enhance your account security.
Here is how to check your registered number on file:
- Go to the Account section of My eBay.
- Select Personal /Business information depending on your account type (you might be requested to log in again).
- If you need to update your phone number, select Edit.
- Enter your up-to-date phone number which can receive SMS.
- You’ll be then prompted to Save, Submit, or Confirm.
Thanks for your support!
Your eBay team”
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Dave is a Co-Founder of eSeller365. For over 10 years he has been involved with eCommerce with a particular interest in the marketplaces and the huge opportunities available for sellers when utilizing a multi-channel strategy. After a year of being the UK’s youngest eCommerce consultant, he built an education platform called UnderstandingE that showed the world how to utilize Magento as the “Third Generation of Multi-Channel software”.
Dave has also created a YouTube channel dedicated to entrepreneurship and eCommerce as well as a podcast dedicated to mental health awareness. When Dave isn’t working his main interests include learning and playing Chess, researching the Crypto and NFT space, and trying to find the nearest beach.