Etsy Expands Buy Now, Pay Later Klarna Payment Option to Spain and Australia
Etsy announced it has further expanded its installment payments program powered by Klarna to buyers in Spain and Australia.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
This expansion gives even more buyers the flexibility to get products they want immediately and pay in installments, just in time for this year’s holiday shopping season.
For Spanish buyers, Etsy offers a Pay in 3 option on purchases between €50–€1,000 with three interest-free installments. The first installment is paid at the time of purchase, while the other two are due every four weeks until the balance is paid.
For Australian buyers, Etsy’s offers a Pay in 4 option on purchases between $50–$1,000 (AUD) with four interest-free installments. The first installment is paid at the time of purchase, with the three remaining due every two weeks until the balance is paid.
Just like with the UK program, buyers in Spain and Australia can combine orders from multiple shops into one total to pay over time.
Etsy plans to continue to expand the Klarna Buy Now, Pay Later program to more countries. It is currently available for the US, UK, Germany, Spain, and Australia with program terms varying between countries.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.