FedEx Launches New Route Between Australia and New Zealand Improving Connectivity, Speed and Capacity
FedEx Express launched a new Trans-Tasman service directly connecting Christchurch, Auckland and Melbourne. The flight will be operated by Airwork, with dedicated block space allocated to FedEx.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
The new service brings FedEx customers greater connectivity, shorter transit times and additional capacity to send shipments between Australia and New Zealand.
It will run five times a week between Christchurch-Auckland-Melbourne, adding to the existing five flights on the Sydney-Auckland-Sydney route each week.
Customers in Australia and New Zealand will benefit from the increased capacity and reliability to transport eCommerce, healthcare (cold chain), automotive, agricultural and other critical spare parts shipments.
Air cargo tonnage on these routes is predicted to increase by 7.7% AU to NZ and 7.8% NZ to AU in 2022.
“We’re excited to launch this new route as part of our continuous effort to bring better and stronger connections for customers, especially in a corridor of such importance to bilateral trade and Australian and New Zealand businesses.”Peter Langley, vice president of FedEx Express Australasia
“Australian exports to New Zealand grew more than US $8 billion during 2021, while New Zealand’s exports to Australia grew to US $5.5 billion.“
“With this additional service, we’ll have ten weekly flights enhancing connections for Aussie and Kiwi businesses including small and medium-sized businesses, looking to expand trade activity,” added Langley.
Key Benefits of New FedEx Trans-Tasman Service
Key benefits from the new trans-Tasman service for Australian and New Zealand businesses include:
- More time for Melbourne customers to prepare shipments – The cutoff time for customers in Melbourne is now 5 pm, a two-hour improvement.
- Improved transit times – Customers in Christchurch will now have access to next-day International Priority shipping service to Australia, while those in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane who ship to Christchurch will see a one-day improvement for International Priority Freight services.
- Acceptance of Dangerous Goods (DG) – New DG capability in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Customers can learn more about FedEx’s new Trans-Tasmin service in the following links: Australia and New Zealand.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.