NEXT Canada Searches for Country’s Top Innovators and Entrepreneurs
NEXT Canada, a national non-profit delivering programs to accelerate the growth of high-potential innovators, announced it has opened applications for the 2018 Next Founders program.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
The Next Founders program helps select Canada’s most promising entrepreneurs by providing mentorship, access to capital, and unparalleled founder development.
It is one of three programs delivered by NEXT Canada, which launched in 2010, and is now supported nationally by over 300 entrepreneurs and business leaders.
Eligible companies will also have access to $30,000 of non-dilutive funding.
NEXT Canada Also Creates Jobs
While the primary beneficiaries of the NEXT Canada programs are the entrepreneurs and innovators that bring new ideas to the world, the participating companies have created over 1,300 new jobs in Canada.
For example, these Canadian companies are all alumni of the NEXT Canada program:
- Nymi, which has raised more than $32 million for its biometric wristband that authenticates the wearer using their heartbeat
- inkbox, whose semi-permanent tattoos have inked customers in 154 countries
- Blue J Legal, which uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help lawyers predict the outcome of lawsuits
- Sampler, a SaaS platform to help marketers manage online promotions.
“Next Founders seeks out the country’s most talented entrepreneurs and helps them build upon their initial successes. Next Founders helps them take their ventures to a new level by providing them with the tools they need to grow, and with the confidence that they can scale their company here in Canada.”
Sheldon Levy, CEO of NEXT Canada
Mentorship and Education are The Keys to Success
Next Founders is not just about funding; it is about promoting and educating entrepreneurs to scale their businesses to the next level.
The program includes interactive sessions delivered by successful Canadian entrepreneurs alongside masters-level courses taught by North America’s top faculty from Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto, Harvard Business School, and MIT.
After a Founder Immersion Week in early-May, participants may opt-in to flexible summer programming. This offers participants with offices outside of Toronto the ability to customize their programming and travel to the city to fit their schedules.
In addition to recruitment events in partnership with Communitech, Creative Destruction Lab (CDL), and DMZ, NEXT Canada will be offering office hours (in-person and online) to interested applicants.
The organization and several of its alumni will also be hosting a Twitter Talk on March 1 and a Facebook Live application webinar on March 13.
Individual founder applications will be accepted online until March 20th.
To learn more about this exciting program for Canadian entrepreneurs, check out their website at www.nextfounders.ca.
We hope you found this story informative. Please join us in our Free Facebook Group Global eCommerce News & Discussion for Sellers where we always talk about what is going on for SMEs around the globe. The group is a great way to discuss this article or any other news relevant to small businesses and entrepreneurs.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.