Poshmark Named in Fortune’s 2022 Change the World List for Promoting Sustainable Style
Poshmark, a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style, today announced it has been named to Fortune’s 2022 Change the World list for promoting sustainability and helping to keep items in circulation and out of landfills.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
“Poshmark has empowered millions of people to establish their own businesses through selling secondhand. Our impact is a direct result of our community of sellers, and how they are making the fashion system more connected, circular, and sustainable,” said Manish Chandra, Founder, and CEO of Poshmark.
“By providing an all-in-one platform to simplify the secondhand shopping experience, Poshmark makes it easy, simple, and fun to participate in the circular economy.”
As a leading social marketplace for secondhand goods, Poshmark has kept more than 200 million items in circulation across the categories of apparel, pets, home, electronics, and more, all while serving as a source of income for millions of independent sellers.
In 2021, their gross merchandise value increased 27% to $1.8 billion, pointing to the increased interest in buying and selling secondhand goods, particularly among millennial and Gen Z audiences.
Poshmark Sustainability Rewarded
To further extend the lifespan of items, Poshmark introduced the Reposh feature in 2020, which allows users to efficiently relist an item purchased on Poshmark. Since unveiling the feature, sellers have Reposhed 4.5 million listings, and the number of items Reposhed since launch has increased 57% on a year-over-year basis.
The Change the World list recognizes companies that have had a positive social impact through activities that are part of their core business strategy. Fortune asses nominees on the following factors:
- Measurable social impact: The reach, nature, and durability of the company’s impact on one or more specific societal problems.
- Business results: The benefit the socially impactful work brings to the company. Profitability and contribution to shareholder value outweigh benefits to the company’s reputation.
- Degree of innovation: How innovative the company’s effort is relative to that of others in its industry and whether other companies have followed its example or partnered with it.
Each year, FORTUNE recognizes companies that have made a measurable impact on some of the most pressing social and environmental issues globally.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.