Reports of Etsy Login Problems – Update
We are seeing many reports on Twitter and Facebook of Etsy sellers claiming they are unable to log into the site. Some sellers claim they had to reset their passwords, but others claim the process didn’t work for them.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
Numerous users report the problem happened as they were trying to use the messaging system on the platform. Even while just trying to type a message, the platform would kick them out and they were no longer able to log back into their account.
The good news seems to be sellers are also reporting they are receiving transactional emails and items and stores can be found when searching for them on the platform. This suggests the platform is operational for sales.
It appears most early reports were from UK or EU sellers, but we have not seen reports from North American sellers. According to Downdetector, users started to complain about issues just after midnight Eastern.
Just a few minutes ago, Etsy also updated its status page acknowledging the login problem reports.
When we get more information about these login issues on Etsy, we will update this post.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.