Royal Mail Restricts Mail Delivery on Saturdays to Parcels Only
Royal Mail is temporarily suspending letter deliveries on Saturdays during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. The postal service will continue to provide letter delivery service from Monday to Friday as usual.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
The parcel services that will be delivered on Saturday include:
- 1st Class Parcels
- 1st Class Signed For Parcels, Large Letters and Letters
- 2nd Class Parcels
- 2nd Class Signed For Parcels, Large Letters and Letters
- Royal Mail 24 Parcels and Large Letters
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 & 48 Parcels and Tracked Letterboxable formats
- Royal Mail Tracked Returns
- Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am* (all formats)
- Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm* (all formats)
- International import tracked services (all formats)
* Please see further adjustments to the timing on these services by clicking on the following links (9am and 1pm).
Royal Mail to Continue Collection of All Mail on Saturdays
Customers may continue to post both letters and parcels as usual on Saturday, and Royal Mail confirmed they would continue its Saturday collections from businesses, post offices and post boxes as usual.
While the coronavirus situation is still very fluid, Royal Mail did state they expect to resume six-day-a-week delivery of letters and parcels from June 13.
READ MORE: Royal Mail Changing Hours and Procedures at Customer Service Points
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.