Sendle Announces 2022 Peak Season Surcharges
Sendle, the popular easy-to-use shipping carrier for micro and small businesses, announced that this year it will add peak season surcharges from October 3, 2022 to January 22, 2023 on all shipments on the Standard plan.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
This is the first time the carrier will be adding peak season surcharges to its plans but since it relied on USPS and other third-party shippers to transport shipments, its costs are significantly impacted during this busy time of the year.
The good news is that Sendle will still absorb a lot of the surcharges themselves to help small businesses stay competitive during the holiday season.
“Peak surcharges have become commonplace in the shipping industry, as the demand on our networks swells over the busy holiday shopping season.”
“But to make sure you’re getting the best rates out there, we’re gulping up some of the fees, and keeping our surcharges as low, and simple, as possible,” Sendle said in its announcement.
Sendle Peak Season Surcharges
- 0.5 lb to 1 lb: 25 cents
- 5 lbs to 20 lbs: 50 cents
Sendle Saver (applies to all classic sizes)
- 0 to 650 miles: 25 cents
- 651 to 1,400+ miles: 40 cents
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.