Shippo Partners With FedEx To Reduce Shipping Costs for Small Business Shippers
Shippo announced that it is the first multi-carrier shipping company to receive a Platform Account from FedEx, enabling small business shippers to save on shipping costs.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
What you need to know: With this agreement, Shippo can now offer U.S.-based merchants special discounted FedEx shipping services — including FedEx Ground Economy and FedEx International Connect Plus (FICP) — directly from its platform. These services can be leveraged without the need to create a FedEx account.
In addition to offering improved rates to merchants using Shippo, this expanded alliance gives FedEx access to the tens of thousands of small-to-mid-market ecommerce sellers that Shippo serves through a single point of contact.
What they said: “Our goal of building the shipping layer of the internet means connecting our tens of thousands of merchant customers with the best, most diversified set of carrier and delivery options as possible,” said Laura Behrens Wu, co-founder and CEO of Shippo.
“Our expanded agreement with FedEx – the first of its kind for FedEx with a shipping platform – is a massive step towards our mission of simplifying shipping for all merchants.
“We’re thrilled to expand our relationship and continue to team with Shippo to make shipping better and easier for small and mid-sized businesses,” said Ryan Kelly, Vice President, Marketing, at FedEx.
Shippo FedEx Partnership Benefits
The details: As of today, all merchants have frictionless access to the new FedEx Ground Economy and FedEx International Connect Plus (FICP) rates secured via Shippo’s FedEx Platform Account from within the Shippo web app:
- FedEx Ground Economy allows ecommerce merchants to ship packages weighing up to 70 pounds and measuring up to 130 inches in length plus width; this service level usually takes packages two to seven business days to arrive at customers’ doorsteps. In addition to discounts, benefits include:
- Ability to use your own custom shipping boxes.
- Monday through Sunday shipping (Note: Sunday deliveries cover more than 50% of the U.S. population).
- 24 Hour visibility for packages with FedEx Tracking.
- Coverage and liability of up to $100.
- FedEx International Connect Plus (FICP) allows merchants to ship packages originating in the U.S. to over 190 countries across the globe, covering 95% of the global GDP within an average delivery time of two to seven business days. In addition to discounts, benefits include:
- Day-definite service so customers can plan ahead to receive shipments.
- Ability to redirect shipments to convenient pickup locations for customers.*
- Allow customers to specify delivery instructions, like whether or not to knock on their door.*
- 24-hour shipment tracking for ultimate visibility.
- Customs clearance is included when creating a FedEx shipping label.
*Note: FedEx Delivery Manager is required for these features
Go deeper: These discounted FedEx rates are available to Shippo customers now. Learn more here on Shippo’s website.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.