Shopify Launches New YouTube Shopping Integration
Shopify and YouTube are partnering to give merchants and creators a powerful new way to connect to consumers, build their businesses, and share their stories.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
With the launch of YouTube Shopping on Shopify, merchants can easily integrate their online store with one of the world’s biggest entertainment platforms—reaching over 2 billion monthly logged-in users—to meet their consumers, and viewers, where they are.
Today, every brand is focused on one thing: connecting with its audience. Meaningful engagement with consumers is no longer a nice-to-have—it’s a necessity.
This shift has put content at the center of brand interactions, and given rise to the creator economy, blurring the line between merchant and creator. Content creators are selling goods and building fully realized brands, and D2C merchants are creating content as a way to find and engage with new customers.
Shopify Merchants Can Sell Products on YouTube in 3 ways:
- Live streams: Merchants can tag and pin products at key points during a live stream, and picture-in-picture playback means consumers can watch while they check out.
- Videos: Merchants can show a curated list of products in a product shelf below on-demand videos.
- Store tab: A new tab will be added to a merchant’s YouTube channel, featuring their entire selection of products.
“Bringing my commerce platform and my most popular viewer engagement platform together will be a game changer for me,”
“As an entrepreneur finding new ways to build my business, it’s so important that I show up where my customers are shopping, and more and more that’s on YouTube. With the Shopify and YouTube integration, I can share new products from Dominique Cosmetics directly on my videos and lives, and make it easy for viewers to purchase as they watch.”Christen Dominique, YouTuber and CEO of Dominique Cosmetics.
Shopify & YouTube Integration Expands Social Commerce
Because Shopify acts as a merchant’s retail operating system, product details including names, images, pricing, and shipping are seamlessly kept up-to-date across channels. If a product sells out, it’s automatically removed from YouTube.
Merchants can also track the performance of live and on-demand videos directly from their Shopify admin, with a full view of multichannel sales. And, for select eligible merchants in the U.S., onsite check on YouTube means consumers can purchase without leaving the platform.
“Commerce today is multichannel, and YouTube is one of the most influential channels on the planet,”
“Shopify’s new YouTube integration will fundamentally change what opportunity looks like for independent brands in the creator economy. We’re thrilled to expand our long-term partnership with Google to push the boundaries of D2C commerce on YouTube.”Kaz Nejatian, VP of Product, Shopify.
“For years, creators have built businesses around their YouTube content, often extending their entrepreneurship into building their own brands, but it hasn’t been as seamless to reach their audience with these products directly on YouTube,”
“We’re excited to partner with Shopify to help creators easily bring their stores front and center for their communities on YouTube, who are increasingly turning to them to shop.”David Katz, VP of Shopping Product, YouTube.
YouTube Shopping is available now to Shopify merchants globally. Learn more about YouTube Shopping here.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.