Shopify Launches All-New POS to Merchants Around The Globe
Shopify launched a fully rebuilt and reimagined Shopify POS to merchants around the world. The all-new Shopify POS unlocks the power of omnichannel for businesses by bringing in-person and online sales together in one place.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
Shopify POS will help merchants stay flexible and resilient in the face of challenges to their business today and the ever-changing retail landscape ahead.
The new Shopify POS is included with all Shopify plans, and merchants with brick-and-mortar locations can use Shopify POS Pro, an advanced set of tools built specifically for retail stores.
Omnichannel for Small Businesses
It’s more apparent than ever that an omnichannel approach will set merchants up for success. Shopify claims that merchants who connected their online and in-store sales with Shopify POS saw revenue increase by 30% year over year, fueled in part by merchants who adopted buy-online and pickup-in-store as well as local delivery.
Over a two-week period last month, Shopify realized a 10-fold increase in retail stores on Shopify adapting to social-distance selling by offering local delivery or buy-online-pickup-in-store.
“Retailers need help right now. Shopify is doing everything we can to help retailers adapt to current challenges and come back stronger. We are releasing our new Shopify POS to give retailers — especially small, local businesses — every possible advantage. Retailers deserve a point-of-sale that helps them shift their sales from in-store to online, easily offer curbside pick-up and local delivery, and be ready for growth when in-store customers start to return. No other point-of-sale is as powerful for the challenges retailers face today.”
Ian Black, Director of Retail at Shopify
Shopify POS Features
- Simplified omnichannel management: Offline and online sales, orders, products and payments are integrated into one unified customer experience.
- Greater flexibility for increased selling: Through in-store or curbside pickup and local delivery options, merchants can continue all while social distancing.
- Manage inventory in real-time across all channels: This gives business owners greater flexibility to pivot inventory to other locations or online based on performance.
- Increased options as businesses reopen: As selling in-person becomes permitted in geographies over time, business owners will be able to offer home delivery, with the ability to sell inventory available at other locations and shipping rates automatically calculated at checkout.
- New, intuitive smart grid feature—with shortcuts: Business owners can keep their most-used apps, discounts, and products at their fingertips and speed up checkout with the smart grid that adapts to actions in the cart.
- Broadened capabilities through app integration: Apps can easily integrate for an endless possibility of store experiences, like appointment scheduling for in-store visits or door-counting apps to control foot-traffic.
- More actionable insights: With Shopify POS, merchants can manage operations with greater actionable insights on store performance and reporting to help merchants make better business decisions.
- Mobile checkout: Shopify POS can help staff serve customers faster and check out anywhere in the store or curbside.
Shopify believes the all-new Shopify POS is the best point of sale platform to support resilient retailers today and into the future and is offering Shopify POS Pro free until October 31, 2020.
READ MORE: Shopify Launches New Mobile App Shopping Experience
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.