Terapeak Removes Valuable Competition Analysis Tool
Terapeak’s decision to eliminate its eBay competitor analysis tool baffled eBay sellers who for years have been relying on the tool to identify their competitors.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
The company broke the news to its users via email a few hours before New Year’s Eve.
The email states that Terapeak and eBay have agreed not to show the eBay seller IDs of users in Terapeak’s search results anymore to safeguard their privacy.
What is Changing
Although users can still see eBay’s top-selling products in the Top Sellers view of Terapeak’s Product Research tool, they won’t be able to see what their top competitors are selling.
The company assured its users that the changes it has implemented will pave the way for new research tools that don’t compromise a seller’s privacy and safety.
READ MORE: eBay Buys Terapeak to Provide More Analytics Data in Seller Hub
How are these changes going to affect you as an eBay seller? Please use the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with important news and business insights for your online retail business.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.