The Queen Has Passed Away – What Does This Mean For the UK?
The Queen has sadly passed away after an incredible reign spanning over 70 years. We want to pass on our condolences to the UK and all those impacted by the passing of the figurehead of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth countries.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
Queen Elizabeth II has been a steady constant for those 70 years holding the crown and in that time has experienced the last 14 Presidents of the United States. She only physically met 13 though, sadly Lyndon B. Johnson never had the opportunity to meet Her Majesty.
Whether a royalist or not Queen Elizabeth has a huge amount of respect from across the world and especially in the UK for dedicating her life to the country that she has served for so much of her life.
Through many trials and tribulations, she has remained the one constant in the lives of many, offering words of support through her many years of wisdom to help steady the proverbial ship in troubling waters.
How Does The Queen Passing Impact The Rest of The World?
While the Queen is loved by people around the World, losing a monarch is a big deal to the home country and this is certainly no different for the UK.
Below you can see a list of what you could expect to happen over the coming days and weeks.
- Firstly Prince Charles will be crowned King and address the nation.
- Flags will be flown at half-mast across the country
- The Queens Body will be relocated to London where it will lie in state while funeral plans are finalized.
- From the announcement of her death, a 12-day period of mourning will begin for the nation.
- The London Stock Exchange will be closed on the day of her funeral and potentially for other days too.
As the Queen passed away in her Balmoral residence in Scotland “Operation Unicorn” will be put into place to bring her back to London.
Whilst it is not compulsory for employers to grant days off for the funeral there will certainly be plenty of businesses who do so.
At this time it isn’t clear as to what will happen with Royal Mail and how they will handle the period of mourning.
For any businesses that sell products to the UK, it would be a good time to have an understanding that over the next two weeks the country will not be operating as normal due to the period of mourning. Some businesses will be closed on certain days and maybe without much notice.
As any relevant news comes to light that might impact your business then we will share that with you here on eSeller365.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Dave is a Co-Founder of eSeller365. For over 10 years he has been involved with eCommerce with a particular interest in the marketplaces and the huge opportunities available for sellers when utilizing a multi-channel strategy. After a year of being the UK’s youngest eCommerce consultant, he built an education platform called UnderstandingE that showed the world how to utilize Magento as the “Third Generation of Multi-Channel software”.
Dave has also created a YouTube channel dedicated to entrepreneurship and eCommerce as well as a podcast dedicated to mental health awareness. When Dave isn’t working his main interests include learning and playing Chess, researching the Crypto and NFT space, and trying to find the nearest beach.