UPS Honors 1,495 Drivers for Crash Free Driving Over 25 Years
UPS had inducted 1,495 of its drivers into the Circle of Honor, an elite group of UPS drivers who have not had an avoidable accident for 25 years or more.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
Made up of drivers across four continents, this new class has a total of 37,375 years of safe driving.
Collectively, active UPS Circle of Honor drivers have driven about 15 billion miles without so much as a fender-bender the company has said previously.
“In this era of distracted driving, it’s an incredible accomplishment when our drivers are inducted into the UPS Circle of Honor.”Carol B. Tomé, UPS Chief Executive Officer
UPS and Its Drivers Understand and Promote Safe Driving
“All UPS drivers understand the important role rigorous training and safety protocols play in keeping them, and our communities, safe. Collectively, our drivers log more than 3.5 billion miles each year on roadways around the world, and our Circle of Honor drivers are among the safest on the road. I’m so very proud of what our Circle of Honor drivers represent,” Tomé added.
UPS began recognizing its safe drivers in 1923 when founder Jim Casey presented UPS’s first safe driving awards. This commitment to safety is a point of pride for the company and its drivers.
With the approach of Distracted Driving Awareness Month in April, UPS encourages all drivers to be more intentional about safe driving habits.
According to the CDC, nearly 3,000 Americans are killed each year in crashes involving distracted drivers. Worldwide, about 2.5 million car crashes a year are attributed to distracted drivers.
Last Year, UPS inducted 1,412 drivers into this elite group.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Editorial Note: This post is from a Company Press Release and may have been modified for clarity.