USPS Suspends Services at 4 Northern California Post Offices Due to Wildfires – Updated 8/3/2022
The rapid spread of the McKinney Fire in Siskiyou County, California has caused USPS to close post offices in the area. This closure affects the following post offices:
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
- Klamath River Post Office, 20523 State Highway 96, Klamath River, CA 96050-9998
Happy Camp Post Office, 33 Davis Road, Happy Camp, CA 96039-9998– Reopened
- Scott Bar Post Office, 27233 Scott River Road, Scott Bar, CA 96085-9998
Seiad Valley Post Office, 44717 State Highway 96, Seiad Valley, CA 96086-999– Reopened
The U.S. Postal Services advised that retail services, including mail and package pickup, have been relocated to:
Yreka Post Office, 401 S Broadway Street, Yreka, CA 96097-9998.
This post office is open for retail counter services, Monday – Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. The location is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
For business customers, drop shipment hours are Monday – Friday from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm.
Evacuations have been ordered in the area, which impacts mail delivery. USPS confirmed in a bulletin that road closures are creating some delays.
Merchants Should Monitor USPS Shipments to Area
Historically, tracking of mail into areas impacted by natural disasters or other emergencies can be erratic and show significant pauses of no activity.
Online merchants and sellers should monitor USPS shipments destined to the 3-digit zip code of 960 for any unusual delays.
Please see our USPS Service Status on Domestic Services and Shipments page here for more domestic disruptions in the U.S. Postal Service network.
We will update this post when more information becomes available from USPS. This information was last updated on 8/3/2022.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.