USPS Announces 2022 Domestic, Military, and Diplomatic Mail Shipping Deadlines for Christmas Delivery
The USPS announced its recommended mailing deadlines for expected delivery by December 25 to domestic addresses and Air/Army Post Office/Fleet Post Office/Diplomatic Post Office (APO/FPO/DPO) addresses.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
USPS Military and Diplomatic Mailing Deadlines
- Nov. 5 — APO/FPO/DPO (all ZIP Codes) USPS Retail Ground service
- Dec. 9 — APO/FPO/DPO (all ZIP Codes) Priority Mail and First-Class Mail
- Dec. 16 — APO/FPO/DPO (except ZIP Code 093) USPS Priority Mail Express Military service
USPS does not guarantee delivery dates to APO/FPO/DPO addresses. These are subject to military transport.
Mailing dates are for estimated delivery before December 25. The actual delivery date may vary depending on origin, destination, Post Office acceptance date and time, and other conditions.
USPS Contiguous Mailing Deadlines
- Dec. 17 — USPS Retail Ground service
- Dec. 17 — First-Class Mail service (including greeting cards)
- Dec. 17 — First-Class packages (up to 15.99 ounces)
- Dec. 19 — Priority Mail service
- Dec. 23 — Priority Mail Express* service
USPS Mailing Deadlines to Alaska
- Dec. 2 —Alaska to/from Continental U.S. — USPS Retail Ground
- Dec. 17 — Alaska to/from Continental U.S. — First-Class Mail and Priority Mail
- Dec. 21 — Alaska to/from Continental U.S. — Priority Mail Express*
USPS Mailing Deadlines to Hawaii
- Dec. 17 — Hawaii to/from the mainland — First-Class Mail and Priority Mail
- Dec. 21 — Hawaii to/from the mainland — Priority Mail Express*
*For USPS Priority Mail Express shipments mailed Dec. 22 through Dec. 25, the money-back guarantee applies only if the shipment was not delivered, or delivery was not attempted, within two business days.
The US Postal Service did not provide mailing deadlines for Puerto Rico, Guam, and other territories that are generally considered “domestic” shipments. However, it’s generally a good practice to follow Hawaii’s mailing deadlines.
USPS shipping surcharges also apply to most shipments from October 2, 2022. See this post for more details.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.