eBay Canada Launches Image Scanning for Trading Cards
eBay sellers in Canada can now add collectible card listings in half the time they did before thanks to a new image scan tool the company released today.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
The new streamlines listing for select collectible card games on the eBay Canada marketplace platform.
Using eBay’s mobile app, sellers can easily scan a card and create a draft listing, complete with pre-filled listing details.
To use the tool:
- Open or download eBay’s app from an iOS or Android mobile device or tablet. Start creating the listing by typing a game name into the search bar (e.g., “Magic the Gathering”). When prompted, select “Tap to search with your camera.”
- Now point the camera at the card and hold to scan the card’s image. A list of possible matches will pop up, showing details that include game name, card title, card set, card number, rarity, card type, power and more.
- Tap the correct (or closest) match to pre-populate the listing with all of the card details.
- Complete the listing with photos, the condition of the card, the price, and shipping.
The tool is currently available for Magic the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Pokémon cards. eBay Canada plans to add additional functionality to the tool after the rollout.
eBay Investing in Trading Cards and Collectible Card Games Categories
Trading cards and collectible card games are focus categories for eBay globally with sales of all types of collectibles expected to grow to $692 billion over the next 10 years.
On its Australian marketplace, eBay claims that sports trading cards have grown 649% over the past year while collectible card game sales rose 365%.
While functionality and service offerings will vary by market, eBay seems to be adding new features for trading card and collectible card game sellers in its various markets to boost this category globally.
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.