eBay Offers Seller Protections Due to Dangerous Winter Storm Affecting Parts of the United States
eBay announced today they have put in place performance protections for sellers whose shipments are stuck or delivered late due to Winter Storm Elliot impacting several regions of the country.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- AI can change your entire social media game today. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster. [sponsored]
- How to lower your taxable income and pay less in taxes. [sponsored]
- ‘My Community Made’ is a new marketplace to compete with Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Chris Prill, VP eBay Motors, discussing the new Guaranteed Fit program.
For sellers, whose business is impacted by the winter storm, eBay will automatically protect their seller performance rating, including:
- Late shipment rate
- Valid tracking upload rate
- “Item not received” cases due to late delivery as long as the seller uploaded tracking before the case was opened, and the shipment has a physical scan from the carrier
- Defects resulting from transactions sellers had to cancel
eBay said it will also remove any associated negative and neutral feedback sellers may receive due to this situation and these cases will not impact their service metrics rating.
The company will continue monitoring the weather across the country and will make necessary adjustments to delivery date estimates so that your buyers have accurate expectations.
This storm is expected to move from the upper midwest to the east coast this week, potentially affecting more cities and states.
Trust eBay – But Verify
Whenever eBay offers these seller protections, we still recommend that sellers still monitor all their performance metrics, even when eBay says they will make automatic adjustments.
Adjustments can take a few days, so, sellers should check frequently and contact eBay if there is a shipment that should have been covered under this seller protection.
Please check our USPS domestic disruptions page for the latest information on operational suspensions and disruptions this winter storm is having on mail and package deliveries.
UPS and FedEx also maintain service alert pages here at these links:
Connect with us: Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Business Insights for Your Online Business Presented with a Dash of Humor
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.